Process development engineer
INEX Microtechnology is uniquely positioned to engage with and exploit a range of growing specialist and disruptive micro-technologies in markets including Sensing, Connectivity, RF and Power Devices. We are looking for high-calibre individuals to join the business, to help share in its future and build presence in the marketplace. In joining a dynamic and highly skilled team, you would be part of INEX's growth story.
INEX are keen to hear from self-motivated individuals with cleanroom experience in manufacturing specialist active electronic devices based on compound semiconductor and MEMS devices. INEX's business is in the unusual and the exceptional, and we are looking for innovative engineers with a demonstrated interest in creating and developing products in that vein.
INEX are currently recruiting a Process Development Engineer. The primary responsibilities and duties associated with this role are as follows:
- Fabricate compound semiconductor devices for RF and power applications throughout the full process flow including contact and stepper lithography, metallisation, dry and wet etch (including through wafer vias) and DC & RF test.
- Develop and continually improve processes required for the fabrication of devices.
- Conduct wafer scale RF and DC testing of devices.
- Interpretation and analysis of test results to support the development and refinement of processes.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
INEX expect that the successful candidate would have the following experience and qualifications:
- Qualified to degree or PhD level in EE, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or related discipline
- At least 3 years cleanroom experience
- Significant hands-on experience of fabricating compound semiconductor or MEMS devices. Skills required include:
- lithography (e-beam and/or stepper experience required)
- etch (wet & dry)
- deposition (dielectric, metal and electroplating)
- Mask layout design experience
- Failure Analysis and Surface Analytical Techniques
- An understanding of GaN, and in particular transistors/MMICs, would be a real advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of process steps required to make power/RF GaN devices and experience with wide band-gap materials processing is preferred for this role.
- Design knowledge of RF products, compound semiconductor and MEMS devices would be key assets appropriate for this role.
- Familiarity with process control (SPC) and design for manufacture practices
INEX offers a unique opportunity to become a part of a strong technical team that values agility and contribution. The successful candidate will have a tremendous opportunity to contribute to a fast-paced semiconductor company which focuses on rapid growth.
INEX is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any INEX employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of INEX. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.